Nicole at the Cremation Society of Orange Coast was so kind and helpful while making arrangements for my uncle's Cremation. She was very patient and informative while explaining the options and resources available to help us deal with our loss. I highly recommend them when planning for a Cremation and funeral services. They made a difficult and emotional process, go very smoothly with no drama and at an affordable price.
If you are pre-planning your cremation services or need to make cremation arrangements for a family member, consider choosing a local cremation service in Fullerton. The following guide will help you make the decisions needed to find low-cost cremation services that can be tailored to your individual needs.
There are many benefits when it comes to choosing traditional cremation in Fullerton which is why so many people are choosing cremation over burial. Not only are cremation services more affordable than burial services, but they are more environmentally friendly.
The reason cremation is so much more environmentally friendly is because it doesn’t take up as many resources and doesn’t use harmful chemicals. In order to be buried, the deceased must first be embalmed, a process that prepares the body using chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Then, there is a need for a casket, headstone, and grave plot. All of those take up renewable and non-renewable resources.
When you choose cremation you will reduce the need for so many expensive resources, and in turn, reduce the cost of final arrangements.
Making cremation arrangements doesn’t have to be hard. Here are five steps on how to navigate the process of how to plan final arrangements.
- Budget for necessary cremation services first.
- Choose a cremation package at a facility with local cremation near you. Cremation service providers often offer a simple cremation package that has all of the essential elements of a cremation.
- Decide on if you will hold a service. Holding a service isn’t required, but many people choose to have one in memory of the deceased. The following services are the most common:
- Prayer or worship services are held at the place where the deceased practiced their religion
- Memorial services can be held at an indoor or outdoor location where people gather to remember and celebrate the life of the deceased
- Internment services can be held at the gravesite or mausoleum when the remains of the deceased are laid to rest
- Military burial and honors are available to military members
- Look into additional arrangements offered by the crematorium and the cremation company. Private cremation, cremation with family viewing, or rush cremation may be available.
- Choose the final resting place. Storage in one or more cremation urns or scattering the remains are just two of the options for a final resting place.
There are endless options for choosing the final resting place for the cremated remains. After the cremation, remains are placed in an urn. They can then be interned in a gravesite, mausoleum, or church.
Aside from internment of the remains, other traditional choices include keeping the remains at home, dividing them up amongst family members, and scattering them in a place loved by the deceased.
There are a wide variety of cremation urns that can be chosen from. Options may include an assortment of colors, shapes, sizes, and materials. The cost of a cremation urn varies depending on the above-mentioned options.
Keeping an urn with remains in California requires the remains to stay in the urn at all times and for the person in charge of the urn to obtain and hold a permit. There must also be arrangements made for the remains upon the caretaker’s death.
Some people request for their remains to be scattered in a beloved place. Common places include out at sea, church grounds, and cemetery gardens, but there are so many more possibilities.
In addition to interning, storing, or scattering the remains, there are non-traditional ways that the remains can be used to remember the deceased. Alternative uses for the remains include encapsulating a small portion in jewelry.
Affordable cremation service starts with transporting the body of the deceased to the local crematorium facility from their death place. A licensed funeral director will then oversee the cremation service from beginning to end, as required by law.
Paperwork must be completed before the cremation can take place. The paperwork can be located online and filled out in the privacy and comfort of your own home. Once completed, the information is used to obtain the necessary permit so that the cremation can take place. If at any time during this process there are any questions, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance.
Once the permit has been issued the cremation will be carried out at the local crematorium that is licensed and inspected by the state. After direct cremation services have been completed at the Fullerton crematory, the remains are collected and placed in a durable cremation urn.
This package includes the minimum requirements for cremation services. Additional services can be added to this package based on individual needs.
These crematory cremation services begin with cheap cremation services because these are the minimum that clients need. In addition to offering this local cremation service near Fullerton, we offer more services to individualize each package based on the client’s needs.
The cremation provider can arrange church or memorial services at a location of your choice in addition to the simple package. Other add-on services that Fullerton cremation can provide at the crematorium facility include:
- Rush service where the cremation is completed within 24 hours of the receipt of the required permit
- Private cremation package
- Cremation witness package
- Remains sea scattering package on a boat or yacht depending on number of attendees
No matter how basic or lavish you want cremation service to be, how traditional or non-traditional you want to store the remains, choose the Cremation Society of Orange Coast for the best cremation pricing and services around.
Choose the best in care and professionalism when looking for Fullerton cremation. The Cremation Society of Orange Coast takes pride in being one of the premier cremation companies for cremation in Fullerton. Our highly trained staff has years of experience in providing the diverse community of Orange County, California with the best local cremation services near you.